Author is not an alien

Author is not an alien
I write because we had deleted enough

Monday, March 30, 2015

#HerChoice vs #HisChoice...............REALLY?


Ok Deepika , I love you,I really do ,
I adored you  when you stood against a filthy useless piece of news , you completely took us by surprise when you talked about depression and then two days back I loved the Homi Adjania documentary you featured in .

I am a new age woman ,I hurled choicest of abuses against that lawyer teaching us morality in “India’s Daughter” ,I look for a society where we are equals ………….Yes EQUALS and what worries me is the overdose of feminism .Feminism is more of a style statement these days rather than addressing some core issues .Having worked in rural pockets of India ,I know that the woman who do not advocate feminism are the ones who need an equal society ,
Its your life ,its your choices  but can we introspect a little? Saying damn you ,its my choice ,its my life ,its my day and its my night. aren’t we striking off the whole idea of equality  ,no one superior means no one should be inferior too. Equal means Equal.
 The new age men ,majority of them have no issues with their better halves working ,have no issues with the sindoor ,bindi on her forehead,chudi on her hand stuff ,they understand that ladies work and it’s their choice to sport them or not. In this whole tug of war between a man vs a woman ,we forget that the bigger issues are still unaddressed from rape to khaps ,from some sick bastards molesting you to a child marriage still prevalent somewhere.
We  as an empowered few are free to make our choices or even his but there are still millions who don’t . For a privileged few our fingerprints make our universe but in this same universe of our choices ,a research paper says
In a six-bed women’s ward in New Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital lies a frail 15-year-old girl. Her face and head are bandaged, leaving visible only a bruised blue-black eye and swollen lips. Burn marks and scabs extend down her neck to her whole body, and a disfigured ear clings on to her face like a piece of mangled flesh. A strange stench surrounds her. The nurse who comes to check on her explains the smell: A wound on the girl’s skull is rotting and has filled with maggots.
The girl tries to speak. In a muffled voice, she says: “My employer would beat me every day with a broom and a stool. Many times she would put a hot pan on my body and burn my skin. That’s how the skin on my skull started peeling out as she repeatedly burned the same spot.”
Somehow the horrific brutality inflicted on this teenager is not an isolated case. Thousands of girls are trafficked every year from remote villages to large cities and sold as domestic workers. Many are abused or sexually exploited.
Extreme poverty, lack of education and employment, and poor implementation of the government’s minimum wage system in rural India make girls more vulnerable to being trafficked. The 2013 Global Slavery Index, published by the Australia-based Walk Free Foundation, an organization that works to end modern slavery, found that almost half of the 30 million “modern slaves” in the world are from India

We are all equal in the fact that we are all different ,different in sex, different in emotions. We are all the same in the fact that we will never be the same. We are united by the reality that men ,women,straight ,gay ,lesbian ,transgenders ,married or live in we all are distinct & individual. We are harmonious in the reality that we are all held to this earth by the same gravity. We don't share blood, but we share the air that keeps us alive. I will not blind myself and say that he is not different from me. I will not blind myself and say that my choices mean denying his . But while advocating my choices ,my life ,my idea of love ,my definition of lust ,I don’t forget he as much he as I am She.

Social Media- you are terrific ,when you came out with this video ,yes its my life and i accept it ,this one is good 


No comments:

Post a Comment